- Approx 60g sourdough starter discard
- Same weight ( so approx. 60g) of self raising flour ( though you can use any low-gluten flour)
- 20-30g olive oil 20-30g Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( or whatever you have) depending on consistency
- Large pinch of salt
- Seeds and /or spices to flavour.
- Mix equal weights of sourdough discard and flour with the olive oil, salt and flavourings in a bowl with a fork, then bring together with your hands. It should form a soft dough, with a roll-outable consistency. If it’s too wet, add a little more flour. If it’s too dry add a touch more EVOO.
- Refrigerate for about 20 mins. You can leave for much longer, but if you leave overnight you will need to prick the dough before you cook it as it will be very puffy!
- Roll thinly onto a silicone mat.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter
- Bake for 15-20 mins at 160 C Fan, depending upon how thin they are.
- They are ready when you cannot make an indent on the underside with your finger nail. The ones in the middle will cook more slowly, and you might need to remove the outer ones first.