Kitchen sink soup
A gut-healthy very diverse soup concoction – contains everything but the kitchen sink…
- Sweet potatoes 450g – peeled (optional) and cubed
- 2 onions ( red and/or white ) – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – 2 peeled whole
- 1 celery stalk – chopped
- 1 carrot – chopped
- 1 red pepper – chopped
- ½ cup red lentils
- Tin of tomatoes
- ½ block coconut cream
- Stock cube ( vegetable or chicken)
- Large handful of coriander – chopped
- Salt/pepper to taste.
- Large Spoonful of Kimchi
- Roast the sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, celery, carrot, garlic and red pepper at 180 oC (fan) in a covered pot or tray until softened and onions slightly caramelised – about 1 hr.
- Transfer to a pan on the hob and add the lentils, tomatoes, kimchi ( you are using it for flavour here not probiotics) stock cube .
- Add water to cover – just above the level of the vegetables.
- Simmer over a low heat for a further 15 mins or until lentils are cooked through
- Blend with a stick blender, adjusting consistency by adding more water if necessary
- Season with salt/pepper as required and sprinkle with coriander before serving.