- Two slices of sourdough bread
- 60-80 g decent Cheddar cheese
- Two spoonfuls of kimchi
- 1 tsp oil for the frying pan ( optional)
- Heat the frying pan while you prepare the ingredients: add the oil if your pan is prone to sticking
- Sprinkle half the cheddar onto one of the slices of bread
- Spoon the kimchi on top
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top
- Put on the top slice of bread.
- Butter the top ( the outside surface that will touch the frying pan).
- Invert the sandwich into the hot pan, so the buttered side is face down and cook over a low-medium heat for 3 or 4 mins.
- During this time, butter the top.
- When the cheese starts to melt, turn the sandwich over and cook the other side for a couple of minutes.
For the complete gut healthy lunch, serve with Kitchen Sink Soup. In combination, you will have eaten 19 vegetables in one sitting!